An Hour with David - Small Group Accademia Gallery Tour in Florence
Enter the Accademia Gallery museum with a fast-track priority entrance ticket and discover the original Michelangelo's masterpiece that has become the symbol of Renaissance splendor...The David.
Admire it from every perspective, gaze in awe at David, that dominates the central gallery of the museum. The David was sculpted by a very young Michelangelo (in his twenties) entirely from a single block of local Carrara marble and it's 5.17 meters tall (17 ft). It represents the biblical hero David that killed Goliath and when it was unveiled, in 1504, it soon came to symbolize the defense of the civil liberties embodied in the Florentine Republic.
Admire also Michelangelo's famously unfinished sculptures - Prigioni and San Matteo. The Accademia Gallery houses also many other masterpieces, both paintings and sculptures, from the Middle Ages to Renaissance, by the greatest artists, like Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto and many more, which you will discover with your knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
This small group tour is limited to 12 participants.
We also offer a private version of this tour, which might have availability even if the booking calendar here shows no open dates. To check the availability of the private option, please click the following link: An Hour with David - Private Accademia Gallery Tour in Florence.
Rates - including tax
Child - Free
(Ages 3 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
Also at 4:00 pm - Tuesday through Sunday (March through October)
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Maximum 12 persons per order. Tour does not include local hotel pick-up; the convenient meeting point at the tour office will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
Covid-19 Protocols Updates
- Currently, all European Community citizens must show the Green Pass, as well as a document of recognition at the entrance of the main Italian monuments and museums, as well as every indoor bar and restaurant
- For guests arriving from outside Europe, the following items must be provided for entrance - 1) proof of Covid vaccination, or the negative result of the Covid test 48 hrs prior the museum entrance, and 2) a document of recognition.
- Those who do not possess the specified documents will NOT be able to enter. No exceptions or refund will be made.
- The wearing of a face mask is currently mandatory in all indoor public spaces in Italy.
- Accademia Gallery entrance (skip the long line)
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Small group tour (maximum 12 participants)
- Earphones for bigger groups
- Opportunity to remain inside the museum after the tour is finished
- During the ordering process, you must agree to provide specific emailed agreement to the guides' standard Rain Policy and Terms and Conditions, which will be sent to you along with your E-Ticket.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Even with the skip-the-line entrance, there is still a compulsory security check which may cause some delays in entering the museum.
- Big bags, liquid bottles and large umbrellas will not be allowed inside the museums (ok small foldable umbrellas).
- This tour runs rain or shine.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour does not include local hotel pick-up; the convenient meeting point at the tour office will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.